Education & Consultation Services
Some children struggle with academics and learning; we want to help. At Gesher Disability Resources, our professional staff provide academic supports and recommendations for strategies to help your child succeed in school.
Who benefits from the educational tutoring and consultation?
- A child who has an IEP, ISP or 504 in school
- A child who has academic challenges and needs extra support
- A child who wants to understand homework assignments including reading, writing and math or needs assistance with executive functioning
Who is the educational specialist/consultant?
A professional staff member of Gesher Disability Resources who holds a Masters level degree and a current state of Arizona special education teaching certificate. She has experience teaching, developing, and setting goals for education plans in Jewish preschools, day schools, religious schools, and camps.
What does the educational tutor and consultant provide?
- Consultation meeting with parents to determine child’s area(s) of need
- Plan development to include learning strategies and problem solving
- One-to-one sessions with the student
- Plan review as needed
- Support materials and recommendations of skill review at home
- Regular progress reports to parents, and school directors as appropriate
How much does this personalized education cost?
The fee is $30 per session, per student
Where do the education sessions take place and time?
Private Education Sessions will be held at the ILJCC in Scottsdale or online. At this time, we have limited availability in the afternoons Monday thru Thursday (after regular school hours). During he school day, you can find Gesher Resource Teachers/Student Support Specialists at local Jewish Day Schools. We will also be available during the summer.
Questions and to sign up, contact: email@example.com or call (480) 629-5343